almost a week

by | |
The thing about completely freelancing at home? Even after you've marked your work hours, your mind is never really away from it. I'm ronin. Again. But I don't even see it as work anymore. It's been six days since I quit my affiliate marketing manager post in Makati. Never felt better. Wish I quit earlier.

I'm just resting a bit before I go back to cleaning manuscripts to submit to clients whose names I can't be sure are even real. But they do pay. And they're polite in their emails. And they like my writing. if only I had the patience to copyedit for them for long hours. I don't have a proofreader's eyes. But I am retraining myself. I get paid extra for that. I just don't want to edit my own blog entries. That would be depressing.

Been cleaning up wedding jewellery articles for some British websites since this morning. This one article I migrained through, its title had nothing to do with the first paragraph, and the rest of the article had nothing to do with anything else preceding it. Wow.

This is who I am now.

3 comments:

Anonymous

wow... how about we proofread other people's personal blogs? THAT would be even more depressing.

Anonymous

"This one article I migrained through, its title had nothing to do with the first paragraph, and the rest of the article had nothing to do with anything else preceding it."

hmmm, try looking at a pseudo-painter's abstract work on canvas with a crazy tile like "the cow that ate the grass: adaggio 42". i know a lot of "artists" who are like that and sometimes... oh sometimes you just have to remind yourself to not throw the beer bottle at the monstrosity on the wall.

Ayen

Hi, Palma. Yeah. I get the deal. Obscure allusions and contrived connections. Ahm, migraine. :D