bottles of beer on the wall

by | |
Saw Ricci go online a while ago. I immediately waved a hand. Told her I wasn't enrolled in the program [creative writing program], for a year now, come to think of it. So much raket writing that I haven't been able to breathe. Ricci is not enrolled, too; she told me. "Life and all that," she said. I miss our alcohol chatting sessions. We used to meet online and, beer with me and wine with her, we'd chat away on and about just whatever avenue of such we fancy.

When the alcohol sets in we'd notice we'd miss hitting the right keys, and the drinks take their revenge on our spelling. Too many exclamation marks. Laugh out louds. She loves poetry. I like the absurd. She'd post a link to an online sound file of a Neruda poetry reading. I'd touché with, maybe some tall tales I'd been practicing when I'm alone.

Sometimes I wonder if she and I tiptoe on the same soft soil.

Next time, she said, inuman na talaga.

Yeah. That's my cue: I'd definitely have to get back to the program.

4 comments:

janet

Hey, was away for a year and a half, too. :) But had to return for a penalty course. Come back na! :)

Ayen

oo nga. i hadn't thought of that. thanks, janet. :D

Maria

I havent been back either...But the best way to learn how to write is to go out there and live isnt it?

Maria

still figuring out this comment thing.... Well, i havent been back either...is that janet, the lawyer from essay class? hi! :D